Pool Safety by Deep Blue Pools and Spas
Understanding the Basics of Owning a Pool
Pools bring a relaxing and exciting addition to your home. But they also bring a great deal of responsibility. You need to know the rules of safety as well as proper cleaning and maintenance. Whether you’re thinking about investing in a pool, are a new owner of one, or just want to brush up on your knowledge, this page is for you.
As the owner of a pool, it’s important to know some basic mechanical and safety tips. We compiled the important basic information you need to know. Understanding how your pool should work and what to look for can help you properly maintain your pool. By following these tips and suggestions, you can prevent costly repairs or serious injuries. Owning a pool can seem like a big responsibility, and we are here to help you understand the important information you need to know. For all other information, contact our expert team. We’re always happy to give advice and help pool owners stay responsible and safe.
Why You Should Clean Your Pool Regularly
Along with all the added benefits of enjoying your pool, you need to properly take care of it as well. There are many reasons why you should take care of your swimming pool. For starters, keeping your pool clean prolongs its lifespan. It’s always a good idea to protect your investments. Like your car, routine maintenance is necessary to avoid costly emergency repairs down the line. You also need to clean your pool to keep your water safe for your friends and family. Maintaining your pool’s chemical balance lets it operate smoothly and without interruption or strenuous activity, causing your energy bills to rise. Finally, keeping a pool clean benefits your enjoyment. You can’t swim in a broken or dirty pool, so make sure to keep it clean year-round. For more information on cleaning your pool, head to our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Basic Maintenance Tips
There are plenty of pool maintenance tips you’ll hear from salespeople, friends, other pool owners, and everyone in between. Here are some quick, concise tips to make your life easier while maintaining your pool so you can spend less time worrying and more time soaking up the sun.
- Circulation and filtration systems are the keys to keeping your pool free from algae and bacteria
- Routine filter checks and daily circulation can help prevent algae and bacteria from growing
- If you notice your pool’s water isn’t as clean as usual, it might be time to have it cleaned
- Invest in a robot vacuum that will clean and scrub your pool floor and walls
- Skim your pool daily
- Make sure your filters are always clean and up-to-date
- Always maintain proper chemical levels
- Know when it’s time to shock your pool when necessary
- Tennis balls are a great cost-effective way to remove oil from the water left by swimmers
- Invest in a power washer to keep your pool deck clean
- Schedule a yearly pool maintenance service
- Learn how to properly winterize your pool for the off-season
Safety Tips and Basics
Along with proper maintenance, keeping your pool safe is incredibly important. In fact, safety in and around your pool is the most important aspect of owning a pool. Follow these general tips to help decrease risk around your property.
- Make sure adequate supervision is available during pool use to help prevent accidents
- Know the proper procedures to follow in the event that an accident does occur
- Follow the owner’s manual instructions and precautions when dealing with chemicals
- Teach children basic water safety and share information with your guests
- Water wings and noodles are not appropriate floatation devices for children
- Have reliable safety items on-hand at all times, including first aid kit, flotation device, scissors to cut and free stuck hair, and a pool cover
- Learn how to perform CPR on children and adults
- Install a tall, rugged fence around your backyard to prevent unwanted entry
- Install a lockable cover
Contact Us Today for More Information
Owning a pool is always a great amount of fun, but it also comes with responsibility. This is just the beginning of pool safety and routine maintenance. For more detailed information, give us a call. Our knowledgeable staff is always willing to assist you. We can offer all types of services, advice, and products to help you enjoy your pool!