Deciding to build a swimming pool for you and your family to enjoy can be a daunting task. It is a big investment that is going to take time, some of your hard earned money and will temporarily limit your backyard during a rather large construction process. There are a lot of decisions to be made and you will have to put your trust into a contractor without knowing how smooth the process will go. Take a deep breath and lets take this one step at a time. This can actually be an easy and fun process if you follow the proper channels and ask the right questions to ask your Utah pool contractor . Once you have a little direction you will gain the confidence to tackle this project with ease and enjoyment. Before long you will have a beautiful investment that will last and provide endless priceless smiles and fun for everyone.
The biggest concern for families considering a swimming oasis is how to pick the right contractor for a large project that can turn ugly quick without the proper research. Lets grab a notepad and jot down some of the questions you should ask to feel comfortable and know without a doubt that you are getting the best service possible for your money that will provide a hassle free paradise in your own yard.
Questions To Ask a Utah Pool Contractor
1. How Long Have You Been In Business? Are you a licensed and insured contractor? These are pretty self explanatory questions however they are very important. This will assure that you are protected as a homeowner if any problems arise. A contractor that has been in business for a while will usually come with a reputation you can trust. A Utah pool contractor who has been in business for a while will also come with employees who know their trade. They will know the in’s and out’s of the industry and be able to provide you with the biggest selection of products and customization from a knowledgeable workforce.
2. Are You A Salesperson? Who Will Be Building My Pool? As a customer you have a right to know who is going to be working on your home building your new pool. It is a good idea to get information from the “hands on” builders themselves. A salesman knows the trade but the builders will usually know the small details you may have concerns with. It is also a good idea to get to know the people who will reconstructing your yard.
3. How Many Similar Projects Have You Completed? This is a crucial question to ask your Utah pool contractor especially if you are considering a custom swimming pool. A pool contractor who has done similar projects will be know how to finish the project quickly and efficiently. Every swimming pool in Utah is unique in its own way and comes with its own unique challenges. A Utah pool contractor who has built similar projects will know the best approach to take on yours.
4. How Long Will It Take To Complete My Project? This question seems to weigh heavily on customers minds. While the quickest estimate can seem quite appealing it may come with its own problems. A project that has been rushed is likely to mean lower quality construction. A project that seems to take forever can get disruptive and annoying leading you with a sour taste in your mouth when the project is completed. You want to be able to enjoy your new backyard oasis for years and years to come so the fastest estimate is not always the best choice from a Utah pool contractor .
5. Will The Project Affect My Neighbors Or Their Property? Your pool contractor will be out of your hair before you know it but you have to live next to your neighbors so this is a very helpful question. You also want to take into account any local building code requirements as well as HOA restrictions before you start your project.
6. Do You Foresee Any Costs Above The Outlined Budget? We all want our projects to stay within our budget with our Utah pool Contractor however some circumstances don’t allow that. Having a heads up before construction starts will allow you to prepare for the possibilities that may arise. This will also allow you to prepare for a little bit of wiggle room when taking on this project n case something does come up.
7. What Is Your Payment Schedule? This is a crucial question to ask your Utah pool contractor . One of the biggest red flags of any contractor is if they ask for a huge down payment before any construction starts. 50% or more is usually something you may want take a second thought about.
8. Do You Have References In My Immediate Area? References can be the best way to judge a contractors work and level of customer satisfaction. This will give you the best review of your pool contractor as well as give you an idea of the quality of work that you will receive. A company without references tends to look a little shady.
9. How Did You Get Into The Business And What Is Your Background? This question will give you a good idea as to who your contractor is and their dedication and passion for the work they are doing. This will tell you their skill level and desire to make their customers happy. Being sure that your contractor possesses the skill to complete the task at hand will make sure your investment lasts as long as it possibly can protecting you in the future.
Choose Your Utah Pool Contactor With Confidence
A backyard swimming pool can bring endless amounts of fun and enjoyment for you, your family and your friends. Choosing the right Utah pool contractor can make or break your vision for your personal paradise. Be sure to ask the right questions so you can feel confident and excited about the process. Don’t forget that your contractor works for you and you are the boss. If you have any questions we at Deep Blue Pools and Spas would be happy to answer them for you. If you’re thinking about starting the exciting process of building your backyard pool, then contact us for a free quote . With these questions you won’t need luck on your side to tackle a project like this. You will have the confidence to make this fun and easy.